Wimpy Sanbury Square
08:00 to 18:00 08:00 to 18:00 08:00 to 18:00 08:00 to 18:00 08:00 to 18:00 08:00 to 18:00 08:00 to 18:00
Extension of Faure Road
between Baden Powell and R102
Eerste River 7100
021 300 0827
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:00 to 18:00|
|Tue||08:00 to 18:00|
|Wed||08:00 to 18:00|
|Thu||08:00 to 18:00|
|Fri||08:00 to 18:00|
|Sat||08:00 to 18:00|
|Sun||08:00 to 18:00|
Don’t wait, vaccinate and enjoy a FREE Filter Coffee
Let’s just be lekker, man, and say: ‘YAAAS’ to the future! Enjoy a FREE regular Filter Coffee when you get your jab. Just present your vaccination card to qualify. While stocks last, so don’t wait, vaccinate. T&Cs apply.
Our stories, your language: South African folktales for kids!
Add some Mzansi flavour to story time. These are traditional South African stories as told by South African authors. Get a beautifully illustrated book with every Kids’ Combo Meal. To read the book in your language, and for more local kids’ content, visit the Wimpy website.
- A 90g beef patty that’s covered in Wimpy relish and crispy onions, a boerie, chips and toast.
- This new Wimpy grill can be enjoyed for only R59.90.
- The Cheese Griller Banger Breakfast comes with 2 eggs, 2 rashers of streaky bacon, 2 pork bangers, a cheese griller and a slice of toast.
- The Cheese Griller Banger Breakfast costs R59.90.
- This burger consists of a 90g beef patty, two slices of cheese, lettuce and is topped with BBQ sauce and mayo.
- A smooth, rich coffee shot with a golden crema.
- Our range of gourmet coffees includes Espresso, Cappuccino, Americano, Caffe Latte and Cremoccino.
- Our award-winning special blend is made using carefully selected premium coffee beans from Brazil, Guatemala, Uganda and India, which are mixed and roasted to perfection right here in SA.
- We only use freshly ground coffee beans and ensure that every cup is expressed to order by one of our highly-skilled baristas.
- Espresso coffee shot with steamed milk and topped with milk foam.
- Double shot of espresso coffee topped with hot water.
- Espresso coffee with milk and a dollop of foam.
- Cappuccino topped with a dairy based cream or cream alternative.
- Reach for a Dream is a charity organisation that gives hope to children fighting life-threatening illnesses by making their dreams come true.
- Yes, Reach for a Dream is a proudly South African charity.
- One egg, two rashers of back bacon, a slice of grilled tomato and a slice of toast.
- A caffe latte is the perfect drink to complement a Wimpy Sunrise Breakfast.
- Two eggs, two rashers of streaky bacon, a half portion of chips and a slice of toast.
- Pair your Wimpy Streaky Breakfast with a caffe latte for a brekkie worth getting out of bed for.
- One egg and three rashers of streaky bacon on a toasted sesame bun with a full portion of chips.
- A cafe latte is the perfect brew to pair with this brekkie.
- Two eggs, two rashers of back bacon, hash brown cubes and a slice of toast.
- A plate of eggs, bacon, hash brown cubes and toast calls for a caffe latte.
- One egg, two rashers of back bacon, a pork cheese griller and a slice of toast.
- Sip on a smooth caffe latte while you enjoy your Wimpy Cheese Griller Breakfast.
- You get a toy with every Kids Combo Meal, or you can purchase them separately.
- You get 1 toy with every Kids Combo Meal.
- Yes, but it all depends if the restaurant you visit has that particular toy in stock.
- 300g Pork ribs & 3 chicken wings basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb & a side of your choice.
- 300g Pork ribs & a side of your choice
- basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb & a side of your choice.
- 120g Sirloin steak, grilled onions, ¼ chicken basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb & a side of your choice.
- 2 Chicken schnitzel fillets, 2 slices of cheese & mushroom sauce & a side of your choice.
- 6 Chicken wings basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb, with bbq or peri-peri dipping sauce & portion of chicken wings.
- 100g Beef boerewors, ¼ chicken basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb, with bbq or peri-peri dipping sauce & a side of your choice. While stocks last.
- ¼ Chicken basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb & chips.
- ¼ Chicken basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb with reg chips & reg soda & a side of your choice.
- 2 Grilled chicken fillets basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb, served with creamy or chilli mayo & a side of your choice.
- 12 Chicken wings basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb, with bbq or peri-peri dipping sauce, served with a family portion of chips. While stocks last.
- A delicious selection of finger snacks & bites: Cheese & jalapeño quesadillas, crumbed chicken sticks, pork cheese grillers, boerewors bites, bbq pork riblets, chicken wings* basted with bbq, peri-peri or lemon & herb, crispy onion rings, mustard mayo & sweet chilli dipping sauces. *While stocks last.
- A handcrafted serving of hot chocolate also available in an almond or soy milk alternative.
- Yes, we do deliver.
- Yes, you can Call & Collect or drop by to order and pick up your takeaway. Some of our restaurants also allow you to order online: https://app.wimpy.co.za/
- You can grab a regular Wimpy cappuccino for only R19.90 for either takeaway or Wimpy Delivery from 2 July until 16 July 2021.
- Wimpy’s cappuccino promotion will be running for 2 weeks from 2 July until 16 July 2021.
- You can either order online through Wimpy’s own delivery or for kerbside collection; or you can Call & Collect or head in store; where you can safely grab your regular cappuccino.
- The Wimpy cappuccino promo offer is a regular cappuccino at R19.90. This offer is valid from 2 – 16 July 2021. A mega cappuccino is also available for R29.90. This offer is only available for takeaway, Call & Collect, Kerbside Collection or Wimpy Delivery. Note that not all of our restaurants offer delivery and that this offer is not available through Uber Eats or Mr D. This offer cannot be exchanged for another hot drink on the Wimpy menu. This offer can be purchased through the Wimpy Rewards App. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time and without prior notice.
- We have implemented hand sanitising for all customers.
Staff wash and sanitise their hands for 20 seconds at least every 20 minutes.
Specific training modules for staff have been launched, and staff have been trained practically in the workplace.
Every restaurant has educational best practice notices for our staff and drivers, in accordance with the World Health Organisation and the Department of Health’s regulations.
Every staff member, including our delivery drivers, are screened for symptoms every day.
We have implemented a No-Contact Delivery service which ensures that our customers do not come in physical contact with our staff.
3rd Party drivers are screened with temperature checks and the register is completed. Drivers showing symptoms or a high temperature are not permitted inside and cannot deliver. The 3rd party delivery company is immediately notified.
Gloves are at higher risk of carrying pathogens than properly washed hands.
Wearing gloves creates a false sense of security and has potential to lead to staff relaxing the strict hygiene standards we uphold at Wimpy
The person wearing the gloves cannot feel dirt or greasiness on their gloves, which means that they change gloves less often than they would wash dirty hands.
The wrong sized glove could tear or puncture leading to food contamination due to exposure to skin.
Contamination from the gloves themselves could cause cross contamination if the glove had touched any other surfaces.
Wearing gloves in our hot and steamy kitchens may cause perspiration on the hands and lead to ideal conditions for bacterial growth on the skin under the gloves.
- Wearing of cloth face masks is a legislated requirement for all South Africans.
No one is permitted to enter our restaurant premises (including our own staff, delivery teams, suppliers, or inspectors) if they are not wearing a cloth mask.
Wimpy is supplied cloth masks by local South African suppliers, and we do not use surgical masks in our restaurants as this will reduce the availability of surgical masks to our brave healthcare workers in South Africa.
In addition to the cloth face masks, our staff who engage with delivery drivers also wear a face shield as an extra precaution.
- Sanitizing hand dispensers or bottles are available for drivers and staff.
Restaurants display posters promoting regular handwashing and sanitising.
Staff have access to places where they can wash their hands with soap and water.
Drivers are equipped with personal hand sanitisers for regular use on delivery trips.
- Staff members, when they are feeling unwell or showing signs or symptoms of Coronavirus, should stay at home and quarantined until symptoms have cleared.
Our staff are working in separate teams which have zero physical contact between the teams. Should one of our team members start to show symptoms, the entire team will be isolated and sent for testing.
Depending on the severity of the case, we might have to close our doors to sterilise the restaurant and reopen with approval from the Department of Health.
- Wimpy prides itself in the strict personal hygiene practices supported by the Wimpy Food Safety Policies, under the regulation of the national Department of Health (Regulation 638).
- Floor markers indicating 1.5-meter safe distance between workstations are in place.
We have implemented a No Contact Delivery service for all orders.
Depending on the size of restaurant and the number of floor markers that assist with social distancing, we only allow a limited number of customers inside.
- As per government regulations under Level 4, all customers must maintain at least 1,5m distance apart, thus limiting the number of customers to 50 at a time, depending on the floor space.
The restaurant reserves the right of admission only to customers who fully comply with all the safety protocols as per government and Wimpy regulations under Level 4.
- Yes, customers can come inside to place their order takeaway order but when inside, all social distancing and hygiene protocols need to be followed.
- Our restaurants are operating with a very limited number of staff, and the strict physical distancing practices we have put in place in our kitchens, we have had to rationalise our menu to optimise our speed of service.
- To see which restaurant is open in your area and what their trading hours are, download the Wimpy App or visit www.wimpy.co.za
- A process where customers can order their meal in-store over the counter to take away.
Customer is to stand in queue at allocated social distance floor markings at 1.5m apart.
Customer will place their order over the counter with the cashier, make payment, then wait in the allocated waiting area.
When the meal is ready, a team member will bring the meal on a tray to the customer in the waiting area, maintaining a safe distance and no physical contact.
- Yes. Social distance floor decals are placed 1.5m apart on the floor and this serves the purpose to determine the number of customers allowed in restaurant.
There is a designated waiting area for TAKEAWAY customers after placing their order.
Social distancing is applied at takeaway waiting area where a compliance officer will coordinate the 1.5m distancing between customers.
- In addition to our team members regularly washing their hands with soap and water, all our team members sanitise their hands with alcohol-based sanitiser.
All team members wear face masks, and team members who are customer-facing also wear a face shield as an extra precaution.
- We offer no contact card and no contact cash payment options for all TAKEAWAY orders.
Should the customer be paying by card, the card machine is sanitised before and after each transaction; sanitiser spray is also available for the customer at the counter.
- This procedure ensures to protect both our drivers and our customers. This means that customers will be able to receive their meals with making no physical contact with the drivers.
- All delivery bags are sanitized and wiped down before each order is packed.
Online payments are encouraged, as this means zero contact at all; however, our process still caters for those who choose to pay with a card or cash.
Our drivers carry a personal hand sanitizer bottle with them at all times.
Upon arriving at the customer’s delivery address, the driver will knock on the customer’s door / ring bell.
The driver will stand back away from the customer at a safe distance.
When the customer comes out, the driver will sanitise their hands and remove the meal from their delivery bag.
The driver will place the meal on top the delivery bag in front of the customer, while still maintaining a safe distance.
The customer will pick up their meal and check the content of the order.
If payment needs to be made by card, the driver will wipe down the card machine and prepare it for the transaction. The customer then will simply tap, insert or swipe their card. If a PIN is required, the driver will hold out the card machine towards the customer so that the customer can enter their PIN without having to handle the card machine.
If payment needs to be made with cash, the driver will have confirmed the exact change amount needed before arriving. The change will be placed in a sealed and sanitized money bag. The customer will pick up their meal that was placed on top of the delivery bag, check the meal, and then place the cash on top of the delivery bag. The driver will pick the cash up, and replace it with the change for the customer to pick up.
The driver will then sanitize their hands and pick up the empty delivery bag to leave.
- We have come to the decision to close play areas in order to protect the health of the customers during this period.
- No alcohol may be served under Level 4 restrictions.
- Kindly note that all guests dining in our restaurants are required to complete a register, which includes information such as name, address, next of kin, ID number etc. This will only be used for the purpose of contact tracing at the request of health officials.
- Just present your vaccination card to your waiter on the day you get your vaccination, or the day after, to qualify. While stocks last.
- A regular filter coffee.
- No. Your filter coffee cannot be exchanged for cash or any other drink on the menu.
- Just visit any Wimpy and order a Kids’ Combo Meal! You’ll get a FREE South African short story for kids. Collect all 6.
- On the Wimpy website you’ll find 6 South African audiobooks for kids.
- You can get Xhosa stories for kids like Naughty Jogwaja at Wimpy. Just order a Kids’ Combo Meal and get a FREE Mzansi storybook.